Creating and Empowering a Diverse Workforce
In case you missed my LIVE interview with the talented and insightful Sonia Wadhwa (Chief of Staff and Director of Business Operations, Microsoft), here are a few of the wisdom gems she shared:
- We must surround ourselves with others who will constantly remind us of our potential, especially during low phases of our journey.
- This is especially true for those who sit on the margins.
- Mentoring is one of the most important things a professional needs especially those who are on the margins and the quieter colleagues.
- This is how a diverse workforce will thrive.
- Anyone can be a mentor as long as he/she is one step ahead of the mentee, not just for senior leaders.
- Be intentional and proactive about seeking out diverse individuals who'd benefit from your mentorship.
- There is a great power in taking a pause, especially when emotions are running high (agreed 100%!)
To be notified for future interviews be sure to connect with me here on LinkedIn...