Do you ever get distracted or veer from what’s most important? Maybe you’re too overwhelmed to think about it, or you’re not even clear on what it is anymore! If so, you’re definitely not alone. Maybe it’s time to course-correct and get more strategic about the year you want to have and the impact you’re going to create in 2022…
This has certainly been a year of reflection, and it’s the perfect time to get clear on what matters most to you, how you’d like to achieve it, and how you’d like to feel in the process.
Maybe you’re so busy that you don’t have time to make a shift, or you are not sure where to start. As we wind up the year, here are a couple of things that might help create the impact you want and deserve on your terms.
Consider that goals are not just about your career, such as meeting/exceeding projections, having more influence with leadership, and driving initiatives. There are important pre-steps to launch to your impact, success, and joy in 2022 prior to considering what you’ll accomplish at work.
When planning for the upcoming year, try starting with your lifestyle goals first. How do you want your days to look like, and how do you want to feel? What’s most important to you in terms of time with family, friends, and your personal wellness (ie: girl's weekends, movement, etc.)
Then and only then, go back to thinking about what career impact you would like to have in 2022, what your ideal workday looks like, and who is the most important person you need to make a big ask of that can help make all of this happen?
World-class performers have laser-like focus when it comes to what they want to create. Nothing is random, so let’s not allow YOUR lifestyle and impact to be random either!
Don’t consider resigning. Consider redesigning!
To make this happen, it’s important for your long-term vision to link up with your short-term controllable needle movers.
Here are two tips to get started:
1). For Long-Term Focus: Create a Personal Manifesto.
Let’s say you’re an Olympian. You’d be remarkably clear about your future ambitions, and you’d visit them often in your mind. You’d visualize what you want in an extremely vivid and visceral way, and you’d be consistent about bringing your future self and your future experiences to life.
Here’s an example from my book ZONED IN: The Mental Toughness Required for a World-Class YOU that explains this point:
Months and even years before the Rio Games arrived, Kayla Harrison, a 26-year-old judoka (Judo athlete), practiced imagery training for 10 minutes before falling asleep each night... mentally going through entire days of Olympic competition. “Waking up, weighing in, packing my bag, getting on the bus, listening to certain music etc.” she said. “Every night I visualize myself winning the Olympics.” She then went on to defend her Olympic judo title in Rio!
Not training for the Olympics? ... No problem.
What you want to achieve is your Olympics. Start by writing your personal manifesto by thinking through these prompts:
- If you had a magic wand, what would come to life for you in the next 6-12 months?
- Make it as vivid and visceral as possible (what would you do, how would you feel when you do it, etc.)
- What are your gut and heart telling you? Who else would be impacted? What are the consequences if you do not take action?
You get the idea. Be sure to read it every night before you go to bed.
If you want to go all-in with this, have an offsite, grab a couple of friends or your partner and spend the day somewhere inspiring to dream big and put a plan in place. I’ll be doing that this Sunday, and I’d love to hear what you come up with!
Remember, if you are truly a linchpin, you may have more leverage than you think to make some important course corrections.
2). For Short-Term Focus: Get Intentional.
As you get clear on how you want to live, how you want to work, and how you want to feel, determine what are the next most important steps to make it happen. It could be as simple as:
- schedule a half-day to strategize and quarterly checkpoints
- schedule a time to make that big ask
- socialize your long-term personal manifesto with someone you trust
Forward movement is the biggest motivator, so those consistent micro-steps matter! This is also a way of directing your mind or focusing on what’s most important, so you can keep your eye on the prize and keep moving towards it.
If you’d like to learn more help or if you feel someone in your family or circle of influence could benefit, ZONED IN might be a great read for you over the holiday.
I honor you for all of the amazing work you have already done, and for the impact you’ve already had!
Let’s make sure you can sustain it!
Here’s to finishing 2021 strong and planning for an epic 2022, together!
P.s. Whenever you’re ready... here are 4 ways I can help:
1. Gain purpose-driven clarity and start taking action with my “Success Builder Sprint Program” (now just $19!), so you get a better sense of control over what matters.— Click Here
2. Grab a copy of my best-selling book “ZONED-IN: The Mental Toughness Required for a World-Class YOU.” It’s for those discovering a new ambition and those taking their current ambition to the next level. — Click Here
3. Empower your team to have the mindset, influence, and habits to become compassionate yet fiercely focused leaders amidst an increasingly disruptive year, email me at [email protected] to schedule a private discussion. Together we'll customize the Limitless Leader system to help your company, team, or organization deal with overwhelm, manage the new normal, meet the demands of an evolving workplace, and more!
4. Would you like me to go shoulder to shoulder with you, personally guide and challenge you through the Limitless Leader system and help you fulfill your purpose and potential? To experience new tools, new perspectives, a scientific-based curriculum, and accountability apply Here to join the waitlist (openings expected in September 2021.)
Join Us on Social Media
Do you feel like everything is catching up with you?
Overwhelmed by your current schedule and possibly underwhelmed by the progress you’re making on initiatives that matter to you?
It’s definitely that time of year, and you are not alone. The good news is that you can have a "mini intervention" with yourself, your schedule, and the impact you’re having, so you can feel less overwhelmed and more in control and on purpose. You’ll likely be more fun to be around too:)
This "Get to Know Yourself" questionnaire will help you next-level your understanding of who you are and what’s important to you. You’ll be looking from a perspective that may be unfamiliar, but this can be a catalyst to ignite momentum and inspire consistent action.
Emailed directly to you each week ... and all FREE!